Human Resource Officer
Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) is dedicated to promoting private sector entrepreneurship and building economically sound enterprises in the developing world.
IPS invests in projects within East Africa across a wide range of sectors, including: Food and Agro Processing, Printing and Packaging, Textiles, Leather processing, Pharmaceuticals, Power and Telecommunications
We are seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill the above mentioned position.
Position Summary: The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for recruitment, talent development, employee welfare, health and safety, and other HR matters that arise.
The successful candidate should have experience handling union matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively monitor the operations of the organization and provide appropriate advice on HR matters.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
- Effectively manage payroll functions and associated direct reports.
- Review and enhance policies and procedures in line with legislative developments.
- Create and deliver HR related management training and induction program.
- Develop, promote and advise on health and safety best practices in occupational health and safety.
- Develop effective retention and succession strategies and facilitate leadership and development training.
- Champion performance management, facilitate annual reviews of staff work performance, act as a conduit for any staff issues and negotiate staff employment conditions within agreed budgets.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management or any Social Science discipline;
- Diploma/ Higher diploma in HRM;
- 2 years of overall professional experience in a manufacturing set up.
- Evidence of sound decision making illustrating analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
How to Apply:
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the,
Head of Human Resources,
Industrial Promotions Services
P. O. Box 30500-00100,
or by email to email@example.com