The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistics Support Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Head of Chancellery Department.
- Responsible for Information Management at the Logistics Support Centre and Sub-site (Mombasa);
- Trains and supports units in applying correct ICRC rules in regard to correspondence, ICRC protocol, use of standard computer technology –Lotus Notes (e-mail, information-sharing, records management and intranet) in compliance with Visual Identity rules;
- Informs, guide and train users on new Information Management tools ;
- Supervises and appraises team members;
- Ensure dispatch of all incoming and proof reading of all outgoing correspondence to respective persons;
- Perform Assistant duties for the Head of Logistics Support Centre ;
- Supervises secretarial tasks (filing, mailing, internal & external correspondence and ordering supplies);
- Access Manager for Logistics Support Centre and Mombasa office.
- Holder of a Degree from a recognized university;
- 3-5 years work experience in a similar field;
- Advanced Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Database management)
- Excellent command of English,
- Knowledge of French is an asset;
- High sense of integrity;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make decisions;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Good team leader
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 21stApril 2016.
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Logistics Support Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO),