Summary: Our client is a well-established premier private members club. Having being established in 1906, it is a leading sports Club not only in Kenya but also in the East and Central Africa region.
Job Objective: Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the provision of effective leadership and management of ICT projects, including the analysis of requests for information, systems enhancements and new systems as well as the development of appropriate proposals, business cases and project plans.
- Lead and manage ICT projects and supporting specialist Project Teams, including operations, work programming, performance, change management and financial management.
- Lead the development of, and assist clients with the development of quality requests and analysis of new system requirements and information requests.
- Develop internal business reports including business cases, proposals and project plans, considering the business needs and the application architecture.
- Monitor and review business requests, in line with established protocols, corporate priorities, ICT strategy and legislative requirements and implement procedures to improve the management of requests.
- Must have a degree in computing (IT, BBIT, Computer science)
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- Must be have a network certification (CCNA preferred)
- A Microsoft certification is desirable
- Must have 5 – 7 years’ experience and at least 5 in a managerial role in a reputable organization
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems is highly required.
- Experience handling servers is a MUST. (mail servers, application and database servers)
- Should be well versed with the hospitality industry. Knowledge of Point of Sale systems is desirable.
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Proven experience in ICT project management.
- Proven business acumen and demonstrated ability to build business partnerships.
- Proven organization skills and ability to manage competing time demands for multiple projects within given timeframes.
- A creative thinker with an innovative approach to problem solving which is outcomes driven rather than process orientated.
- Energy and enthusiasm with a strong client focus.
- Experience in business process analysis preferably in a multi discipline environment.
- Highly developed analytical skills with an ability to remain focused on outputs and to adjust delivery mechanisms to meet deadlines and client needs.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and communicate specific issues where there are competing agendas and priorities.
- The ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures.
- Knowledge of or ability to gain a sound understanding of Utility specific business processes within a short timeframe.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: ICT Project Manager