Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) is the industrial and infrastructure development arm of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development, which is dedicated to promoting private sector entrepreneurship and building economically sound enterprises in the developing world.
IPS within East Africa has a diverse portfolio of over 20 companies spanning across multiple sectors including: Agro and Food Processing, Pharmaceuticals, Printing & Packaging, Leather Processing, specialized Textiles, Energy and Telecommunication.
We seek to fill the position of Internal Auditor in one of our subsidiaries located in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate company’s internal controls, processes, policies and procedures to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate guidelines; give recommendations on improvement and monitor implementation;
- Carrying out risk based audit reviews to assess the effectiveness of risk management and the adequacy of internal controls;
- Ascertain the effectiveness with which the company’s assets are accounted for and safeguarded from all kinds of losses;
- Carrying out periodic spot checks on processes and records for selected high risk operating functions;
- Coordinating the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures with key emphasis on the adequacy of controls;
- Document results of audit fieldwork and drafting of internal audit reports;
- Carrying out special audits or investigations as may be required from time to time;
- Follow up reviews and assess implementation of management action plans to address internal control deficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A Business related bachelor’s degree; plus a professional qualification in Accounting preferably CPA (K) or ACCA;
- Minimum 3 years Auditing Experience;
- Work experience in manufacturing environment or a reputable audit firm is an added advantage;
- Computer literate with hands on experience in use of an Enterprise Resource Planning tool; (ERP);
- Certification in CIA or CISA will be an added advantage;
- Conversant with Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAATs).
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and self discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Analytical thinking with good conceptual skills;
- Strong time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Flexible and willing to travel on short notice.
If you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate how you meet the qualifications, submit your application and detailed CV indicating current position, remuneration, qualifications and names and addresses of three references, to reach us not later than Friday, April 15th, 2016.
Apply by Email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for, on the subject line.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.