The Company: We are a pioneering dynamic Insurance Company introducing a new and exciting ethical perspective to the Insurance market in Kenya and the region.
In view of our rapid expansion and the need to have accurate accounting records and timely financial reporting, we are in the process of recruiting, qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Chief Accountant.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the production of the general ledger and ensuring timely production of monthly, quarterly and semi – annual management reports and returns.
- Supervise the preparation of year end financial reports and statements in compliance with international accounting standards and international financial reporting standards.
- Supervise the preparation and facilitation of external audits and handling of auditors.
- Evaluation, review and implementation of internal controls and company policies.
- Preparation and coordination of the annual revenue budget.
- Preparation and coordination of the annual capital budget.
- Responsibility for all staff matters within the department which includes training requirements, discipline etc in consultation with the Head of Finance
- Supervise the preparation and submission of returns to Regulatory bodies such as The Commissioner of Insurance and The Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Responsible for tax matters, ensuring proper tax computation is done, tax returns are filed and installment taxes paid on time.
- Approving payments, fund transfers and signing cheque and ensuring that the disbursement function is operating optimally
- Preparation of pension fund accounts (the Company Staff pension scheme, Agents of the Company life pension scheme and IPP pension scheme) and subsequent coordination with external auditors for audit of these schemes.
- Ensure the purchasing function is performing in line with group policy
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met in a timely manner
- Contribute as a member of the management team to the development and implementation of operational policies for the achievement of the corporate plans as stipulated in the annual budgets and three year business projections
- Ensure the reinsurance function is performing in line with the treaties in place
- University Degree and a professional qualification of Certified Public Accountant-CPA(K) or equivalent
- 6 years relevant experience
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names and address of three referees clearly titled “APPLICATION FOR CHIEF ACCOUNTANT” should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach the HR& Administration Manager on or before April 15, 2016 at 5pm.