Executive Assistant to the Country Director
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant who’s key function is to provides comprehensive administrative, logistical, communication and technical support to the Country Director and Country Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and efficient work diary for the Country Director and ensure appointments and meetings are well organized and coordinated and timed
- Manage and organize meetings for Country Director and Country Management Team, coordinate availability dates
- Facilitate and take minutes for Country Management Team and other meetings as instructed and distribute any follow up actions
- Ensure relevant reports, agenda and other information is provided and communicated to various levels of management
- Track and monitor the Country Director’s department budget.
- Facilitate any external events or conferences as requested by the Country Director
- Coordinating documentation to Country Director’s office requiring signature.
- Maintain files related to the Board and all governance issues in conjunction with Director Corporate Services
- Support responses in writing to any correspondences relating to policy and sensitive matters
- Manage all travel arrangements (visa, hotel, flights etc.) and ensure Country Director is fully informed of those plans
- Provide logistics for seminars and conferences are instructed by Country Director
- Conduct research for reports, briefings and correspondence for presentation as instructed by Country Director
- Reconciliation of Country Director’s monthly credit card statement and travel requisitions for submission to finance department.
- First point of contact of Country Director in her absence, assessing priorities and redirecting mail as necessary
- Managing correspondence between donors, partners, other stakeholders and Country Director, Ensure that good public relations is maintained
- Promote cooperate image by professionally representing Country Director internally and externally and consistently exhibiting the attributes of the organization
- Representing in for and meetings with affiliates for which the Country Director is a member e.g. ANMA (Africa network for medical abortion etc.)
- Develop a data base of key contacts
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Human Resource or any related field
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience of program support in busy INGO
- Knowledge of donor funded programs management
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written
- Excellent Analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 6th May, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.