Position: Youth Friendly Service Provider
Location: Various Outreach
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is looking to recruit a Youth Friendly Service Provider.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services with a special focus on the Youth and adolescents.
- To ensure that all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration. If complaints are raised, to be able to effectively manage and resolve them and to promptly refer to the Team Leader if the client complaint continues or is of a serious magnitude.
- To maintain the highest possible standard of client care by providing quality care to all clients.
- To implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimize client waiting times.
- To monitor and evaluate client care continuously and recommend improvements as necessary.
- To provide accurate information to clients, and their families where required, to enable clients to make informed decision about their reproductive & sexual health.
- To ensure sufficient supplies are available to provide services without disruption and that stock is dispensed and counted accurately; stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (i.e. expired stock) and stock outs are minimized.
- To comply with all financial standing operating procedures including accurate and timely management of advances and surrenders required for outreach provision.
- To provide all methods of short and long-term contraceptive methods, including injections, implants and IUDs, removal of implants and IUDs where required, assistance with tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures, cervical screening, STI screening and treatment and VCT services consistently with high standard and in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols
- To conduct weekly checking of essential equipment, promptly inform the Team Leader of their current status, and following up repairs or maintenance as required.
- To carry out all nursing procedures (as laid down in the procedure manual).
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and infection control measures.
- To ensure instruments are appropriately sterilized and stored in compliance with infection control protocols.
- To order medical supplies and consumables in good time to avoid shortage.
- To ensure proper storage of medical supplies.
- To support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures.
- To attend clinical training and supervision as required. To ensure accurate client records are maintained in both the client record book and daily register.
- To ensure all client information is kept confidential at all times and stored appropriately.
- To provide accurate, timely collation of activity data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- To analyze activity trends and ensure performance targets are achieved, pro-actively identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- To assist in the collection of client feedback data.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized medical training college.
- Bachelor in Nursing will be an added advantage.
- Registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Minimum 2 years post training working experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of providing contraceptive services including long-term methods (implants and IUDs) – essential
- Experience in performing cervical cancer screening is desirable
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 13th May, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.