Summary: Our client is an International organisation that provides technologies and services in more than 200 countries around the world.
The QHSSE/Quality & Compliance Leader in Local Entities is responsible for:
- ensuring that Quality of Products, Operations and Services conform and are in line with Quality Standards,
- implementing organizations GSSD best practices, standards, tools and methods,
- ISO Certifications and EHSS Compliance
- managing Customer Complaints.
To be independent, impartial and objective, this function should report directly to the GM and in dotted line to the Global GSSD OCS Quality Assurance & Compliance Senior Manager.
Ensure that all policies including those concerning Security, Health, and Safety and Environmental protection are respected, and implement or propose improvements in such practices.
Quality Strategy & Organization:
- Deploy the Quality strategy and approaches within the Local Entity to reach the highest level of quality excellence, in close collaboration with Quality Assurance & Compliance – OCS Switzerland,
- Implement and drive an adequate local quality organization (could be a single position),
- Continuously drive and promote Quality culture across teams,
- Coordinate, implement and improve Supplier Quality Assurance policy and activities for Local Suppliers in conjunction with Supply Chain Team Leader,
- Ensure Incoming Quality Inspections on relevant products, record and manage Non-conformities, escalate problems related to CH-supplied materials & products,
- Has the authority to block receipt of poor quarantine Non-Conforming materials and free quarantine conform / derogated materials,
- Control and improve GSSD Local Entity Quality through effective tools and methodologies,
- Promote Quality Tools and support related trainings (FMEA, 8D, PCP, SPC, DOE, Non Conformance Monitoring, Lean…),
- Implement and adapt established Quality Standards,
- Coordinate local FMEAs follow-up and update,
- Ensure that Process Control Plans and Outgoing Controls are implemented,
- Has the authority to block Non Conformities and free conform / derogated products,
- Deploy adequate systems to ensure prevention, defect analysis and correction,
- Conduct Process Audits,
- Follow Quality and Operational KPIs, lead the Local Quality Improvement Committee, develop & coordinate quality improvement programs,
- Establish and follow a certification roadmap, ensure ISO certifications (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001), give the necessary consultations to the colleagues,
- Ensure EHSS Compliance in line with organization and international standards requirements,
- Prepare necessary instructions and give the related consultancy to the colleagues,
- Coordinate the deployment and implementation of applicable GSSD BLC processes, make the necessary changes to the processes,
- Manage IMS Internal and External Audits,
- Manage locally the customer satisfaction,
- Be the Local Single Point of Contact for Customer Complaints, establish 8D Reports, escalate major & critical Customer Complaints to Global Quality Assurance & Compliance and initiate the RMA process in case of Non-Conform product through Supply chain department.
- Manage the team (if any) and coach / mentor Quality Engineers & Technicians,
- Provide expert advice to the team in the field of Quality,
- Provide leadership and mobilize teams for quality enhancement,
- Promote teamwork and adherence to company values,
- Interface with all stakeholders within the local entity.
Basic education and training:
- Master Degree in Manufacturing / Electrical / Engineering
- 5 years of postgraduate experience, with 3 years in Process & Quality field and 3-4 years in project / team management.
- Knowledge of ISO standards (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001),
- Excellent experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Tools,
- Strong experience using Tools such as Sampling techniques, Control Plans, PPAP, FMEAs…
- Experience in Supplier Quality Management,
- Experience in Supplier, IMS and Process Audits,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Knowledge of SPC.
- Good understanding of the functionality, technology, risks and interactions of the global organization solution,
- Good knowledge of project and team’s management methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Capability to listen and understand others,
- Enabling team work,
- Working effectively with different organizations at multiple levels,
- Providing mentoring and guidance to quality engineers & technicians,
- Providing clear and accessible quality information to senior management.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili; other languages (French) is nice to have,
- SPC softwares, Minitab, BPM softwares.
- SAP R3 is an added advantage.
- Be able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be a fast learner – an enthusiastic self-starter, and show initiative.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively interact with internal and end users’ organizations at multiple levels.
- Technically comfortable with the software technologies.
- Customer oriented and able to work under pressure and flexible.
- Meticulous, rigorous.
- Ability to travel extensively.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: QHSSE (Quality Health Safety Security Environment) Leader