Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of Inventory Manager
Job Purpose / Summary: The job holder will be responsible for Managing all stock levels and all inventory control related activities by executing inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy in a safe and secure manner as well as execute purchasing, goods movements inwards & outwards as well as storage to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper Stock Control Function in place and in practice.
- Check on the closing stock for previous day against the day’s opening stock.
- Compile and communicate daily action plan to the crew member explaining on the monthly and annual targets.
- Performance management and reporting.
- Check on the stock levels, authorise storekeeper to issue stock and ensure section crew members acknowledge receipt.
- Ensure previous day’s orders to major suppliers has been placed, written and signed for in the order book.
- Ensure orders for the next day are captured, signed off and updated in the management report.
- Ensure the products delivered correspond to items ordered, compare the price and invoice and check on the quality/quantity, freshness of the products before receiving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in purchasing and supply or related field.
- At least a Graduate Diploma Qualification in Supply chain management
- ERP including in-depth knowledge in Materials Management Module (Purchasing, Inventory),
- Have a detailed understanding of Replenishment System and inventory control / management systems
- At least 5 years’ experience in Inventory Management all with responsibility for Inventory Management policy development and Inventory performance management.
- Microsoft Office productivity packages, internet and e-mail – intermediary
- Capital Optimization in an environment leveraging ERP capabilities for Inventory-related functions and processes.
- Lean Management and Continuous Improvement Tools would be an added advantage.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills
- High level of Initiative and self-drive
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Skills to work efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.