Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Teleradiology Services)
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Health Assessments Coordinator for Sub-Saharan Africa and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Physician responsible for Telerad / Radiologist, the successful candidate will be responsible in providing effective and efficient overall administrative support to the Tele radiology Centre Nairobi Regional Office for Africa and sub-Sahara region and administrative support to the field operation in the region.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with IOM country operations in the region, both orally and in writing regarding the different steps of the teleradiology service:
- Receiving of requests for teleradiology services and coordinating the preparation
- Communicating the arrangement of the X-ray reporting schedules in the centre,
- Getting additional information and correcting error in bio data of individuals or images during the service
- Notifying the additional view requested by the radiologist
- Confirming the list of individuals with reported CXRs by the centre.
- Assist in preparation for implementing service to new field locations and day to day system support, including correcting system and data errors in coordination with Radiology systems and PACS administrators.
- Coordinate with the finance unit to ensure appropriate and timely financial billing to Country Offices (COs) and processing of payment request for Consultant Radiologists, with timely and regularly preparing the request for payment and invoices as needed.
- Coordinate with the IOM Global Teleradiology Center, Manila for getting technical support and guidance as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Teleradiology Center in Nairobi in terms of procurement, human resources, or any other related concerns that may arise. Including processing request for quotation, and preparing PRs.
- In coordination with the supervisors and the IOM Global radiology Center Manila, assist in organizing radiology trainings, providing technical guidance and regularly updating standard operating procedure for the radiology Center.
- Assist in drafting various radiology related reports and other documents.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping in the business process of the radiology Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Act as the focal person for the radiology Center, for receiving and coordinating the service requirements and relating radiology service issues from the region.
- Assist the Radiologists in the Teleradiology Centre when needed including, entering data into electronic medical systems/e-Medical and save it, check for completeness of the part filled by the country operations and coordinate with focal persons in the country operation to ensure that entries are complete.
- Coordinate with the Radiologists in the center for schedule and the list of e-Medical cases when the cases are ready for completion and submission by the radiologists.
- The incumbent may be requested to provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as “stand-by” focal on a rotation basis.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience or Completed university degree in one of Health Sciences, Health Informatics, Business Administration, or Social Science, Information Communication Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution and two years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of information communication technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel;
- Experience and understanding of Digital radiology and Teleradiology systems an advantage;
- Previous work experience in an international organizations and companies an advantage
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:
Closing Date: 11 April, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.