Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Health Assessments Coordinator for Sub-Saharan Africa and the direct supervision of the Head of Mobile and Follow-up Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receiving and registering all blank Medical forms for Canada and Australia programs
- Distribution and updating in Mimosa of all blank medical forms (for all programs) and forwarding to the respective IOM missions or Panel Physicians (where applicable).
- Receiving all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from IOM missions or Panel Physicians, update the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance by the Data Processing, Planning & Follow-up Manager.
- Receiving and updating on-hold cases from IOM Missions/Panel Physicians before forwarding to Chief Nurse for follow-up.
- Participate in the mobile migration health assessment missions within the region (East, Central and Horn of Africa).
- Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions.
- Assist and support Mobile medical unit during pre and post migration health assessments in Kenya and the region
- Receiving and sending x-ray reports to and from Nairobi –Kakuma/Dadaab and the Region in a timely and efficient manner. Prepare and submit monthly and/or quarterly radiological quality assessment reports.
- Support the Data Processing Assistant I- in duties and tasks assigned to the Planning Follow up Sub-Unit.
- Ordering and Keeping stock of all stationery and office requirements for the Daproflo Unit.
- Transmission of cleared completed medical forms & other documents to High Commissions or other agencies (non-JVA).
- Filing incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues.
- Performing any other related duties that may be assigned by the Data Processing Assistant-I and the Planning, Monitoring & Follow-up Manager.
- Degree in Information Technology and two years of experience or high school degree and Four years of experience
- Two years of professional experience in data encoding and reporting, data capturing and data management especially in health/clinical setting.
- Knowledge in data processing and analysis especially SPSS, SQL and Access
- Knowledge of programming is an advantage
- Good writing skill desirable
- Good knowledge of IOM system (Mimosa) and other data management systems a plus.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.