Position Title: Laboratory Assistant (Data Entry)
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Laboratory Manager and the direct supervision of the Laboratory Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing routine clerical functions and ensuring prompt and accurate for result posting of the laboratory data and information.
- Ensure strict adherence to fraud prevention measures in all aspects of work performed for refugees/migrants.
- Receive and verify requests forms for laboratory examinations and encode bio-data and medical information into the laboratory database.
- Generate and print laboratory results accurately in a timely manner and release/dispatch results to requesting physician or clinic.
- Prepare bookings for DNA sample collection.
- Assist in gathering and consolidating laboratory reports from IOM laboratories in the region in required format.
- Provide support in laboratory activities to the Regional Laboratory Specialist.
- File paperwork in the laboratory in an organized and easy retrievable manner.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory database for Kenya laboratories.
- Assist in stock management activities; dispatch the laboratory supplies to Laboratory in Kenya and region and keeping stock records and data base.
- Perform any other duties that may be required.
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution; International Business Administration qualification an advantage
- Four years of working experience in office administration or related area.
- Experience in programs of Access, Excel, Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of programming is an advantage
- Good writing skill desirable
- Good knowledge of IOM procurement management systems a plus
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:
Closing Date: 11 April, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.