Position Title: Radiographer
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Health Assessments Coordinator for Sub-
Saharan Africa, and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Physician, the incumbent is responsible for operating and maintenance of x-ray equipments including DR, CR and x-ray machines and maintaining the x-ray rooms to produce radiographs (x-rays) of body for diagnostic purposes to ensure that refugees are medically fit to migrate in accordance with the medical/health requirements of the resettlement countries.
- Authenticate the identity of the applicants undergoing radiological examination by signing on the photos or in any authentication method required by the resettlement countries.
- Prepare patient-applicants for x-ray examinations by explaining the procedure, removing articles such as jewelry, through which x-rays cannot pass, positioning patients so that parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Calibrate and adjust x-ray equipment in accordance with general and individually prescribed protocols.
- Adhere strictly to internationally accepted standards of safety for the patients and staff while performing Radiology examinations. Observes applicant-patient and machine during procedures, and reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
- Produce and develop chest X-rays and other radiology techniques/examinations, as requested by the supervisor.
- Maintain records of films and digital images taken in the unit, prepares statistical reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that regular maintenance work is carried out periodically and inform the supervisor in case there is a need for any extra maintenance / repair on any piece of the used equipment.
- Verify the technical correctness of the produced x-ray images , thus limiting the need for repeated examinations.
- Review the x-ray images taken in order to ensure technical correctness / good penetration was used, prior to releasing the patient.
- Burn x-ray images onto CDs and label them appropriately
- Upload x-ray images daily onto PACs server .
- Transmit x-ray images taken daily to radiologist in Nairobi, Manila or designated radiologist as may be advised and provide list of images to be required to be reported.
- Keep all working areas in the Radiology facility clean and dry.
- Ensure that the radiology room activities are carried out professionally and adhere to quality control standard requirements.
- Maintain a standard stock level for blank CDs and CD envelopes and other supplies, and assist the supervisor in determining the quantities for replenishment and requisition.
- Perform general office duties such as delivering and retrieving CDs scheduling patients, typing forms, recording and reporting.
- Clean the CR and cassettes regularly.
- Perform mobile mission duties in locations that may be required and to provide training to radiographers in the region.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Technical Diploma in Radiology. Registered to work as Radiology Technician with Kenyan Radiation Board
- Knowledge of appropriate x-ray exposure times and safety parameters. Knowledge of photographic development techniques
- Minimum of five years working experience as Radiology Technician preferable in busy Radiology Facility, international organization and or NGOs running refugee programmes.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to calibrate, configure, and adjust x-ray equipment in accordance with procedures and standards,
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in data and records keeping.
- Proficient in Microsoft windows
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Closing Date: 11 April, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.