Position Title: Senior Finance Assistant I
Context: Under the overall supervision of the National Finance Officer and direct supervision of Senior Finance Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing finance activities as follows:-
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in monitoring the missions Self-payers projects and reconciling Operations Unit data with Finance Unit data to ensure that revenue and expenses have been accurately recorded for all Pro-flights and, in case of variances, conduct follow ups and inform NFO on the status.
- Perform fortnightly PF audits and provide reports on the file status.
- Assist in coordinating with the National Finance Officer on service fee based projects to ensure prompt recording of service fees earned based on statistics provided by operations.
- Act as focal point for all Audit related queries and ensure timely response in coordination with the RMO and NFO.
- Assist in reviewing internal controls systems and notify RMO and NFO of any potential weaknesses and suggest improvements.
- Review accounting transactions in SAP accounting system and process payments through electronic banking systems.
- Monitor and verify billing of staff for private use of IOM assets such as private car usage and personal calls and ensure recording in PRISM.
- Supervise two Finance Assistants.
- Extract monthly financial reports of all active projects from the accounting/financial system.
- Monitor expenditures in line with budgets and in coordination with the SFA and NFO, initiate follow up action with project managers for instances where budget lines have been exceeded or not utilized in line with reporting period.
- Review on a regular basis Debtors/Creditors accounts, initiate follow up messages for outstanding cases and provide timely feedback to the SFA.
- Review bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Review travel claims and imp rest accounts and verify authenticity of the supporting documents provided.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field with three years’ experience or
- High school degree/Certificate with five years’ experience
- CPA II or more will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of accounting systems (SAP an advantage), generally accepted accounting principles and audit/review procedures.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications; knowledge of other IT packages and their implementation is an advantage
- Ability to analyze and interpret source information and data; capable of designing, reviewing and revising business processes to achieve efficiency.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drives for results, creative thinking, organized, accurate.
- Ability to work effectively with different levels within and outside the organization and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
- Ability to draft correspondence and communicate effectively.
- Must have a Certificate of good conduct
- Accountability – Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Client Orientation – Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Continuous Learning – Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Communication – Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Performance Management – Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing – Effectively applies knowledge of multiple financial disciplines to monitor and manage the work of staff
- Professionalism – Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures
- Teamwork –.Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Technological Awareness – Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:
Closing Date: 10 May, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Only Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.