Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a registered Kenyan NGO
with a head office in Kisumu and regional offices in ten counties.
principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS
research and intervention programs that improve the health status of
individuals and local communities.
Job summary: Reporting to the Head of Research, the holder of this position will support qualitative analysis of ongoing research data.
will also take leadership in research using qualitative methods such as
Focus Groups, In-depth interviews, Key Informant Interviews,
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences with evidence of advanced training in data analysis; Master’s degree an added advantage
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis methodology; at least 2 years’ experience with qualitative data analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with at least one qualitative software
- Co-author of at least 2 publications in a peer refereed journal
in the design and development of research projects, specifically
qualitative research methodology, tools development and implementation
- Train research assistants and enumerators on collecting and transcribing qualitative data
- Supervise fieldwork as required
- Analyze qualitative data using softwares such as Atlas.ti, NVivo, etc
applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and
testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional
referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not
later than 28th April 2016.
The Human Resources Manager,
Impact Research and Development Organization
P. O. Box 9171 – 40141