Job Description: Our client, a global company which offers services ranging from Sports facilities, Telecommunications, Real estate development and Industrial projects is seeking to recruit an IT Operations Engineer.
Job Purpose: Supports the organization’s operations by identifying and solving operational problems.
- Monitor and provide routine maintenance on infrastructure platform including Microsoft servers, network devices and peripherals
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of the IT Service Desk.
- Responsible for ensuring IT Service Desk staff coverage, call levels and SLA compliance.
- Responsible for providing Reports on SLA” service Level Agreement” compliance, Service Desk Metrics and IT assets
- Initial escalation point for all user requests.
- Carries out first line support for all aspects of the Commission’s IT infrastructure on all sites in person, on the phone and via remote connection.
- Carries out fault finding and problem solving on software and hardware issues Sets up and
- Installs replacement IT equipment and IT Staff.
- Carries out other administrative duties including password resetting and other related duties.
- Provides support to the IT Operations Manager.
- Represents the department where required.
- Responsible for following established IT processes and supporting new ones.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering specialized in Computer Science, Electronics & Communication Engineering & Telecommunication Engineering.
- Prior experience in Microsoft Lync.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in IT Operations & Technical Support services
- Basic level experience in writing & executing basic SQL queries.
- Intermediate knowledge of IP routing, VPN & Ethernet technology and operations.
- Networking certification from Cisco (e.g. CCNA) and Microsoft would be a plus.
- Expert in troubleshooting.