Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure, established under the Civil Aviation (amendment) Act 2002 and re-established under Civil Aviation Act, 2013.
The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens for the below positions;
Designated / Consultant Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License (AMEL) Examiners
The Authority wishes to recruit four (4) designated Consultant Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License (AMEL) Examiners for Airworthiness Department .
The Consultants will be required to conduct written and oral examinations, and carry out review of examinations.
The consultancy will cover both areas of specialization in the Aeronautical Engineering field .i.e., CAT ‘A and C’ Rotorcraft (2 posts) and CAT ‘A and C’ Air frames & Engines (2 posts).
The contract term for the successful candidates will be for a period of one year (renewable).
The required qualifications for the position are as follows:
- Hold at least a Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering or Equivalent
- Hold an aircraft maintenance engineer’s license with ratings related to the examinations to be conducted in Category A and C (Airframe and Powerplant (Piston/Gas turbine)), or Category A and C Rotorcraft (Piston/Gas turbine).
- Hold an Instructor training certificate in the field relevant to the examinations to be conducted.
- Must have a good interpersonal and communication skills, be technically competent and a person of integrity, be impartial in carrying out tasks, be tactful, have good understanding of human nature and possess the ability to get along with other people.
- Training in examinations technique will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 Years working experience as an aircraft maintenance engineer in an approved AMO and should have attended aircraft type courses on various aircraft types and hold type rating licences/approvals.
- Should have good knowledge of Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations (KCARs) and relevant ICAO Annexes and Standard and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
- Ability to set and achieve high standards of performance for self and section and commitment to achieve planned goals.
Interested and qualified candidates to apply by visiting and logging into KCAA recruitment portal at http://recruitment.kcaa.or.ke, fill in the required information and attach copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV indicating among other things current day time telephone and full contact of three professional referees.
Hard copy applications are also acceptable but the applicants are required to quote the job title on the envelope and application letter then submit to the address indicated below.
Applicants are requested to take note that their online applications will still be required even if hard copy applications are submitted.
The applications should be received not later than 19th April 2016.
Details of job specification can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P.O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.