- Formulates input to the Employee Relations and Wellness HR Strategy relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio.
- Implements the Group HR Policies, procedures and processes relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio (refer to the Policy Execution Matrix) and provides staff and line management with guidance on matters arising thereof.
- In liaison with the Forensic Department and or other concerned Departments, line management and staff, investigate or coordinate the investigation of staff cases relating disciplinary and grievance matters and see to their conclusion and or determination.
- Manage staff separation procedures and communication, ensuring that internal policies and related statutory requirements are observed/fulfilled.
- Internally manage law suits filed against the Bank involving former staff; includes liaising with the internal legal department for technical legal advice / guidance, collating appropriate case documentation and evidence, contacting witnesses to corroborate the organisation’s legal position.
- Manages and Maintains relationships with INTERNAL / EXTERNAL customers/ stakeholders /suppliers relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio: Heads of HR Departments, Survey Consultants, Trade Unions/Committees, Medical, Wellness and Safety Providers and Consultants, Industry bodies (e.g. Kenya Bankers Association, Federation of Kenya Employers), Lawyers, Functional Directors, Heads of Departments, Branch Managers, staff and line managers,
- Prepare substantive management papers, reports, recommendations, opinions, briefs, presentations, proposals, meeting minutes relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio.
- Provides secretarial support for business and or staff committees, schemes, initiatives or forums relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio. (Disciplinary and Grievance Handling Committees, Appeals Committees, Union/Management Meetings, Staff Recognition Panels, Staff Visits and Engagement Forums).
- Maintain accurate and consistent data, records and statistics relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio.
- A University degree from an institution recognized by the Commission for University Education in HR or a Business–related field.
- A professional HR qualification or equivalent – Certificate, Diploma or Postgraduate Diploma.
- An MBA/LLB will be an added advantage.
- 5 years of Human Resource Management experience; with at least 3 years management in Employee Relations and or Industrial Relations.
- Sound understanding of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment Laws and HR Regulatory Guidelines
- Leadership, customer service, communication, planning & organizing, and people management skills.
- Computer Literacy
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.
To be considered your application must be received by April 22, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.