Reporting to the Board of Management, the Managing Director will be responsible for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial performance of the Bureau, through the effective management of executive leadership team.
Key roles and Responsibilities
- Developing of and recommending to the Board the short, medium and long term strategies, business plans and annual operating budgets to achieve corporate objectives;
- Building relevant organisational capacity to deliver on strategy by guiding, directing and evaluating the work of other senior executives within the organisation.
- Creating partnerships and linkages at the highest level with key stakeholders to enhance KLB’s corporate image;
- Providing leadership in the implementation and evaluation of corporate strategic plans and policy;
- Guiding management and advising the Board on opportunities for investment and business growth;
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the company and overseeing legal, regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Maintaining a work environment suitable for attracting, developing and retaining a dynamic workforce; and
- Establishing effective internal monitoring and control systems.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Holder of at least Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning;
- Professional Membership in a relevant field of specialization;
- At least 10 years’ experience with five (5) years’ experience in senior management preferably in a commercial environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills;
- Must be computer literate; and
- Performance and results driven individual, highly innovative, coupled with good business acumen.