Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Claims
Division / Department: Claims
Immediate Supervisor: AGM – Claims
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for ensuring there is an efficient claims management process in Claims Department (Non-Legal section) to the expected quality standards and within the Company’s service level benchmarks.
Specific focus will be efficient and effective management of claims in respect of the set budget as well as efficiency.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure applicable claims are reported accurately and timely to reinsurance Section as required by procedure.
- Verify claim facts, determine policy coverage and review insurance contracts.
- Ensure in-depth, investigation of actual claims through direct or indirect contact with policyholders, claimants, investigators, attorneys, etc.
- Ensure all claims reported are processed expeditiously, within the company’s performance benchmarks.
- Recommend for approval appropriate reserves on files within the set guidelines and monitor the utilization of the distributed reserve.
- Coordinate efforts among staff and other parties to achieve timely, equitable disposition of claims handled in the Claims Department.
- Review performance of service providers, and advise management where corrective action is required.
- Prepare for management, reports on outstanding claims, on weekly, monthly and annual basis, or as may be required from time to time.
- Review, monitor and provide technical expertise to staff and ensure that there is systematic and adequate on job training.
- Monitor benchmarks and have working knowledge of Expense and Payment controls, Large Losses, Staffing and Performance Management.
- A University degree in business related field
- Full ACII or equivalent
- 6 years’ experience in relevant field two of which should be at middle management level
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly visit http://korient.co.ke/careers/ and submit your application on or before Friday, April 8th 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”