Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Senior Executive – Strategy Monitoring & Evaluation
Division / Department: Finance & Strategy
Immediate Supervisor: GM – Finance & Strategy
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the GM – Finance & Strategy, the Senior Executive – Strategy Monitoring & Evaluation will be responsible for all monitoring and reporting aspects of strategy, including routine data collection, data quality assurance, analysis and reporting.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and recommend improvements to existing business strategies, business plans, policies and procedures
- Formulates feasible recommendations to the management on how to optimize profitability
- Develops business plans that support and introduce solutions for strategic issues that impact the company
- Conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities
- Evaluates the operational efficiency of the entire workforce
- Provides support to identify and assess strategic issues
- Ensures implementation of strategic initiatives
- Identifies, analyses, and monitors issues that affect profitability, growth, and productivity.
- Collaborate with various departments to collect business data to complete timely analysis
- Work with the teams to develop innovative business techniques and models/ improvements based on market and competitive trends
- Perform root cause analysis of potential problems and propose effective solutions
- Develop business cases based on business analytics and competitive intelligence
- Perform business analysis and reporting to management for decision making purposes
- Develop business presentations to management when required.
- Performing any other duties as required from time to time
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or equivalent
- MBA Qualification is an added advantage
- Actuarial, Mathematics/ Statistics Professional qualification or equivalent
- A Professional Qualification in Monitoring & Evaluation or Project Management is an added Advantage
- 5 Years Work Experience with 2 Years in a similar role
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to articulate the corporate vision and translate that into effective strategic initiatives and operational plans.
- Strong strategic and commercial acumen supported by sound commercial judgement with well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Extensive achievement, at a professional level, in a business environment with emphasis on strategic planning.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including people of different cultures.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly visit http://korient.co.ke/careers/ and submit your application on or before Friday, April 8th 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”