Re – Advertisement: Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Assistant Database Administrator
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/07
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Database Administrator in administration of enterprise database management systems through ensuring availability, security and optimum performance of all functional enterprise database systems with their applications tools.
- Perform enterprise database server’s performance tuning and monitoring configurations.
- Controlling Access Permissions and Privileges
- Maintain software standards and software development tools, maintained as per the ICT policies of the organization
- Deploy database changes as submitted by the development/implementation teams;
- Working with Applications vendors, projects managers/ implementation teams for installation and commissioning of new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose through; Systems testing, acceptance and implementation
- Manage disaster recovery site for all databases and respective applications.
- Carry out databases Backups, Restore and Recovery procedures
- Take part in the overall development of the organization’s disaster recovery from the data perspective.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related studies. They should have certifications in Oracle database server administration (OCA), Certification in Microsoft Certified IT Specialist (MCITS) will be an added advantage.
- They should have at least three years relevant working experience in related field. In addition the person’s attributes includes excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team player with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability.
They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 17th April 2016
Candidates who had applied earlier need not reapply.