Re – Advertisement: Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Assistant Network Administrator
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/08
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Network Administrator in installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
The job entails participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
The holder ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies.
- Install new / rebuild existing computers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
- Completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Resolve operating system technical problems on the Kenya Re server platforms;
- Research and recommend to immediate supervisor, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Creating and maintaining of users in Domain Controller and Exchange Servers
- Provide Service desk support to users and ensure problem tracking and resolution;
- Managing of Preventive Maintenance of Computers and Allied Accessories;
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related studies. They should have Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). Certification in Systems and Network Administration in Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) will be an added advantage.
- They should have at least three years relevant working experience. In addition the person’s attributes includes excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability.
They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 17th April 2016
Candidates who had applied earlier need not reapply.