Our client, a market leader in providing hygiene products and services to the hospitality, food service, retail, medical, and building service contracting industries seeks to recruit a Key Account Manager.
The position is highly focused on key customers’ account management and ongoing service, support and sales development within the Lodging Sector in Kenya.
This person will also be responsible for managing the Global Hospitality Accounts in Kenya and selected local brands.
They will deliver the value proposition for these accounts and roll out innovations as per the Global Contracts.
- Minimum Education Required: A University degree in Sciences or any other related discipline
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
- Experience handling major accounts in a B to B selling
- In-depth understanding and experience in Hospitality industry (hotels, lodges, hospitals, and institutions) will be a key advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken). Solid demonstrated presentation skills with ability to convey complex information to a broad audience.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task while being flexible with changing demands.
- Self-starter and results-oriented individual with the confidence to take risk and partner with business leaders as required.
- High sense of drive and urgency with a positive outlook.
- Ability to implement problem solving techniques in order to resolve customer issues and take corrective action.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and utilize data and strategic tools to improve sales, meet goals, identify opportunities, and exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated sales skills and/or training with ability to utilize consultative sales techniques.
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a cooperative work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Possesses technical knowledge of equipment, repair and products (ware washing, housekeeping and laundry) to sell and service customer. Capable of training customer employees in product use and safety. Possess basic electrical and plumbing knowledge. Possesses basic understanding of P&L process.
- Effectively provide account management and ongoing service, support, and sales development to respective accounts in a defined geography and sector(s). Implement white spot prospecting to include existing products, new products and innovations, enhanced sustainability and operational efficiencies (water, energy, chemical usage), and where appropriate food safety solutions.
- Monitor and report for both respective accounts and aligned Key Accounts by utilizing corresponding tools, such as Sales Funnels, quarterly reporting, market share analysis, and other reports requested by central stakeholders and supervisors.
- Work intensely and directly on application expertise and execution delivery, including customer training, to reinforce value proposition and brand equity. Hold monthly and quarterly review session with customers’ heads of department and location general managers.
- Grow sales in the Lodging Sector in Kenya(s) by identifying, analyzing, and addressing opportunities for new customer acquisition as well as within existing customers through product and application recommendations.
- Continuously focus on sales growth execution and sales target achievement.
- Responsible for rolling out Global Contract terms and ensuring that the Company is Compliant at Local Level. Ensure Global Contracts are customized to local level and SLAs agreed upon for each account.
- Liaise with TCS to ensure appropriate service support for respective accounts.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the local market and the competitive position and activities and report on competition activities and customer needs that are not met.
- Consult with Business Development Director and Corporate Account Managers of International Accounts to ensure account management support delivered in respective accounts.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Key Account Manager on the Subject line.