The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) wishes to recruit self-motivated and qualified professionals to fill the vacant position mentioned below.
Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management
KNEC Scale EC 14
The Deputy Director Supply Chain Management will report and be answerable to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure integrity and maintenance of high professional supply chain management standards
- Devise and implement effective risk management strategies in the Supply Chain Management Division
- Outline critical issues in procurement planning and budget preparation
- Monitor and evaluate performance of systems in Supply Chain Management
- Develop performance improvement strategies for the Supply Chain Management Division
- Integrate ICT in Supply Chain Management Division operations and
- Advice the Management on Supply Chain Management Division issues, budget preparation and interpret laws and statutes that impact on Supply Chain Management matters.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (Supplies Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Diploma in Supplies Management (CIPS) or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Have served as Principal Supply Chain Management Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or have 15 years relevant experience, three (3) of which should have been at managerial level handling supply chain management activities in a reputable institution. Those below job group “P” in Government need not to apply
- Candidates who have attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks will have an added advantage
- Membership of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Must have evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Advanced Computer Applications
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before May 6, 2016 to:-
Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P.O. Box 73598 – 00200
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
- Candidates who had previously applied for this position are also encouraged to re-apply.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.