Job Title: Lubricants Marketing Operations Manager
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leader in the energy industry seeks to recruit a self-driven individual to the position of Lubricants Marketing Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting the development of marketing plans and programs for Lubricants and Measurement of implementation impact within the different lines of business and channels in the organisation unit.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
A: Market Insights and Understanding
- Increase the market share while providing the relevant insights regarding market trends;
- Development and review of business/marketing programs and identification of growth opportunities;
- Conduct brand, market and competitor analyses that feed into country lubricants marketing plan development;
- Coordinate, deploy and manage identified/agreed marketing research projects aimed at providing insights that inform product, brand and channel strategies.
B: Product Lifecycle & Portfolio Management
- Manage the running of the Product Lifecycle Management ;
- Prepare business cases for new product and liaise on business case approvals, product label/packaging development;
- Continuously analyse portfolio performance and make recommendations to achieve a robust portfolio that reflects the local market needs;
- Conduct periodic value chain analysis, regular updates and make recommendations to extract maximum value and meet price positioning objectives;
- Provide new product pricing recommendations in liaison with the Lubricants Marketing Manager;
- Monitor pricing performance including cost trends, provide analysis to inform pricing positioning and review mechanism for B2B customers;
- Ensure the master Wholesale & Recommended Retail list price is up to date and any changes are communicated to all relevant stakeholders;
- Provide new product pricing recommendations in liaison with the Lubricants Marketing Manager.
D: Marketing Implementation
- Provide support for key lubricant marketing projects and initiatives including evaluation of return on marketing investments;
- The procurement of marketing materials for agreed campaigns/marketing initiatives to ensure best value ;
- Improve marketing communication decisions through analysis of the different media options and their effectiveness using appropriate marketing metrics;
- Monitor and challenge marketing activities to ensure they are within approved budget;
- Support and participate in the on-ground implementation of marketing initiatives, agency supervision and performance evaluation on need basis.
E: Demand Planning
- Participate in the development of the marketing plan and marketing initiatives in line with the country business strategy;
- Lead, manage and drive effectiveness in lubricant sales forecasting across the organization;
- Liaise with the sales team to capture any new activities which impact demand and sales forecast and make necessary adjustments to sales forecasts accordingly;
- Coordinate and convene the lubricants sales meetings in liaison with the Supply Manager and follow up to ensure agreed actions are closed out by all parties.
- Analytical skills;
- Results orientation;
- Customer Focus;
- Leadership and People Development skills.
- Project management;
- Communication skills.
- Commercial Acumen
- A university degree preferably in business, marketing or related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing.
- Good understanding of Retail, B2C and/or B2B markets;
- Experience in an FMCG setting and digital marketing is an added advantage;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other common computer programs.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php by 5pm, on 8th April 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.