Marie Stopes International.
sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of
the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that
women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by
unsafe abortion is reduced.
Job Title: Executive Assistant to CD
The strategic purpose of the Country Director’s office is to provide leadership and direction to ensure MSK’s vision and mission is being achieved through the implementation of the organization’s strategy.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individuals right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, Pioneering, Sustainable, people centered
- Provide efficient Administration and Communication support to the office
- Provide Logistical and Technical support to the Country Director
- Maintain interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Admin support to CD and CMT effectively maintained
- Effective communication between management and team
- Effective communication with stake holders maintained
- Maintain and efficient work diary for the CD and ensure appointments and meetings are well organized and coordinated and timed
- Manage and organize meetings for CD and CMT , coordinate availability dates
- Facilitate and take minutes for CMT and other meetings as instructed and distribute any follow up actions
- Ensure relevant reports, agenda and other information is provided and communicated to various levels of management
- Track and monitor the CD’s department budget.
- Facilitate any external events or conferences as requested by the CD
- Coordinating documentation to CD’s office requiring signature.
- Maintain files related to the Board and all governance issues in conjunction with Director Corporate Services
- Support responses in writing to any correspondences relating to policy and sensitive matters
- Coordinated, timed meetings
- Minutes of meeting recorded and filed
- Information available
- Clear records of expenditures
- Files available
- Manage all travel arrangements (visa, hotel, flights etc) and ensure CD is fully informed of those plans
- Provide logistics for seminars and conferences are instructed by CD
- Conduct research for reports, briefings and correspondence for presentation as instructed by CD
- Reconciliation of CD’s monthly credit card statement and travel requisitions for submission to finance department.
- Coordinated travel
- Report findings and presentations available
- Filed records
- First point of contact of CD in her absence, assessing priorities and redirecting mail as necessary
- Managing correspondence between donors, partners, other stakeholders and CD. Ensure that good public relations is maintained
- Promote cooperate image by professionally representing CD internally and externally and consistently exhibiting the attributes of MSK as an organization
- Representing in fora and meetings with affiliates for which the CD is a member e.g ANMA ( Africa network for medical abortion etc.)
- Develop a data base of key contacts
- Accurate communication
- MSK brand understood internally and externally
- Contacts available
- Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Human Resource or any related field
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience of program support in busy INGO
- Knowledge of donor funded programmes management.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written
- Excellent Analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts
- Negotiation skills
- Content design skills
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Executive Assistant to CD”