Job Title: Training Manager
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International.
mission driven customer focused results orientated pioneering Sustainable people centered
- Lead identification and Prioritisation of Training Needs across all channels.
- Lead the preparation of Clinical Training Plans for all channels
- To ensure that the training standards maintained are equivalent and within the framework of the MSI and government standards
- Provide leadership to coordination to MSK Training Centre and team of MSK Trainers across the channels.
- Consolidated Training plans.
- Relevant training Curricula and guidelines.
- Training Event schedules for ITC and channels
- Training reports
- Develop and put in place tools for assessing needs for training of team members.
- Constantly review and simplify the training needs assessment tool to make more user friendly across all channels.
- Coordinate the assessment and prioritization of training needs across all MSK channels.
- Ensure that MSK has relevant continuous training programs for team members including refresher programs.
- TNA tools
- TNA analysis Reports
- TNA-Based Training schedules
- Reviews and consolidates the agreed training plans complete with costing across channels.
- Leads the preparation of induction/orientation sessions for new team members
- Leads the preparation of training materials for testing, training and for evaluating the training events during training.
- Leads the planning and supports the conducting of effective training events of team members as required
- Prepares, implements and monitors the training budget within the QAM department.
- Ensures that every training event is evaluated, analysed and feedback given to participants immediately during trainings.
- Support the development of the departmental business plan including team training requirement
- Training Plans
- Induction Reports
- Training Reports
- Budget Reports
- Identify and put in place the training guidelines and curricula required for all trainings.
- Identify and Prioritise needs for training curricula reviews for the specific skill trainings.
- Supports and follow-up on the mentorship and on-job trainings by constantly analysing reports on the same.
- Ensure that every channel conducts continuing medical education trainings for team members and feedback given.
- Develop and maintain and effective training database for the organisation including trainings, trainees, trainers, dates and training areas.
- Training guidelines and curricula
- Curricula review reports
- Metorship, OJT reports
- CME Reports
- Training database
- Provides leadership to the training centre coordinator and team members at the centre.
- Provide support to organisations with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Build support and provide solid functional work relationships with organisations to enhance effective training at the centre.
- Supports the coordination of all the training events at the international training centre.
- A degree preferably in clinical area: Bachelor Science Nursing, Bachelor Science Clinical Medicine, Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery.
- or Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Diploma in Nursing.
- A Master’s degree in a related Clinical field would be an added advantage.
- An experienced Trainer
- Over 5 years’ experience in Clinical Training
- 3 years’ experience at managerial level.
- Know what the learning outcomes are that you want the learners to achieve for every sentence, phrase, exercise, session and period of learning.
- Is able to set sensory-based indicators which tell them when the learners are achieving the planned learning outcomes, or not.
- Should constantly focus on the learners, in order to achieve consistent outcomes.
- They enable the learners to generate self-motivation for the learning and provide clear input explaining the subject being covered and how to apply it.
- They have the ability to deliver training and be aware of their own performance, tracking the responses from the learners and then assessing these responses in order to generate improvements to future sessions
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 13th April 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Training Manager ”