Mathare Youth Sports Association (MYSA) announces the vacancy for a Fundraising Manager
Job Location: MYSA Headquarters.
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
- The Fundraising Manager will grow and sustain MYSA’s revenue to support the delivery of our work plan and maximise our impact for social transformation.
- Developing and implementing Fundraising Strategy and delivering specific fundraising programs relating to individual donors, major donors, grants & philanthropic foundations and corporate giving.
- Operating with integrity and according to equal opportunities, diversity and information protection policies and procedures at all time.
- Commitment and ability to work in a team
- Evidence of successfully delivering on project or job targets
- Creative business planning to secure support or funds
- Developing and delivering the MYSA Fundraising Strategy.
- Developing existing and new fundraising products, initiatives and events.
- Writing and presenting proposals through collaboration with project managers
- Managing the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors’ expectations
- Acquisition and retention of individual donors through developing relationships with all donors, identifying new potential major donors and nurturing relationships
- Researching, identification and acquisition of grants and major donations from philanthropic bodies, government departments, individual donors and the corporate sector.
- Attending relevant fundraising forums and groups
- Preparing annual income and expenditure fundraising budgets
- Recording, monitoring and reporting financial progress
- Provide regular progress updates against the delivery of specific fundraising activities and income targets and against the overall Fundraising Strategy to the MYSA Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of individual fundraising initiatives and campaigns
- A First Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- Demonstrated success in building individual donation revenue and programs.
- Demonstrated success in securing grants or major donations from philanthropic bodies, government, major donors and the corporate sector.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, with a friendly, positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks, forward plan, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Communication skills: writing dynamic funding proposals and inspiring people to commit to the cause in question.
- Interpersonal skills: you will be constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of the organization.
- Research skills and attention to detail: sourcing information and statistics, researching trends, assessing costs.
Send in your Curriculum Vitae at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April 2016 by 14:00hrs.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.