Purpose of the Position: To help both the retailer and the manufacturer maximize sales and increase sales volume. This goal is accomplished through execution, education, and promotion.
Location: The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with various outlets.
- Working closely with visual display staff and department heads to decide how goods should be displayed to maximize customer interest and sales;
- Monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary;
- Gathering information on customers’ reactions to products;
- Routine sales call cycle for existing retail listing.
- Present new product introductions / presentations to retail partners.
- Process and follow up on all orders as necessary.
- Coordinate demos and trainings as necessary.
- Merchandising and retail support for accounts as directed by the sales manager.
- Utilize market data (rankings, sales trends, etc.) to improve placement and retail support.
- Develop relationships at store, wholesale and manufacturer level.
- Experience in Sales / Customer Service / Front office or merchandising experience
- A diploma or a certificate in a customer service or Sales course
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Merchandiser on the Subject line.