Position Title: Director, Regional Resilience Initiatives (DRRI) – Horn of Africa (HoA)
Duty Station: Kenya
Mercy Corps is a leading global relief and development agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places.
In more than 40 countries, we partner with local people to put bold ideas into action, help them overcome adversity and build stronger communities.
We help communities survive and move beyond emergencies. When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there.
Working with communities, we leverage local capacity to help people transform their lives to grow more food, earn higher incomes and ultimately advocate for their needs.
We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions.
Mercy Corps seeks to recruit a dynamic, energetic and innovative Director to run the Regional Resilience Initiatives within the Horn of Africa.
The Director will will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will influence regional strategy, direct assessments, design research, share lessons, build partnerships, advance thought leadership and oversee resilience programming in the region.
Knowledge and Experience:
- MA/S or equivalent experience in agriculture, economic development, environmental management, governance or other relevant international development field required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in program design, implementation, research, monitoring, evaluation, learning and cultivating strategic partnerships.
- Experience in international development and humanitarian assistance in East Africa drylands preferred.
- Thorough understanding of resilience thinking required, with an understanding of Mercy Corps’ approach to resilience.
- Strong understanding of food security, youth, peace building, financial services, livelihoods and/or environmental programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability for providing strong support to research, M&E, and learning efforts.
- Proven experience in coordinating teams, negotiating and influencing others to get results without formal supervisory authority.
- Strong representation, presentation, networking and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to synthesize key messages and communicate complex subjects/topics effectively to multi-stakeholder groups.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multitasking, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to deliver professional presentations and produce branded marketing/communication materials.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse, geographically spread team.
For the full job description and application procedure visit: http://bit.ly/1TnHT40
Deadline for applications is 29th April, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.