Monte Bello Wines ltd, a wine importing and distribution company invites applications for the position of Sales Representative
Reporting to: Sales
Location: Karen, Nairobi Kenya
Job Purpose Summary: In conjunction with the head of sales, implement the company’s sales strategy in an efficient & effective manner in order to achieve the company’s targeted revenue.
Key tasks will include the following:
- Provide weekly schedule/Coverage plan to get first hand customer information
- Avail a weekly report on Key customers’ performance and progress with respect to set targets
- Ensure all customer complaints/customer service queries escalated to you are addressed with the shortest time possible- under 12 hours
- Take personal interest in order processing and facilitate speedy delivery by dispatch department.
- For chain stores, ensure all shelf attendants have clear targets and their performance is measured month on month and awarded accordingly
Sales & Marketing Activities
- Follow up leads provided by Directors or Head of Department to ensure growth through new business/Accounts
- Utilize personal network to reach out to social gatherings including weddings, funerals, birthdays, wine & blanket, car shows, wine shows, fashion shows and ensure you sell to at least two in a month.
- Enlist new brands to existing customers to guarantee growth by volume/revenue
- Carry out market research and document to establish demand trends in your designated channel and explore opportunities and initiatives to achieve consistent sales growth of the company’s customer base
- Evaluating the competition activities and providing market intelligence including pricing trends and recommending strategies to counter the competition.
- To develop a quarterly calendar of events, discuss and ensure sign off by head of sales
- Ensure professional wine training is carried out to staff as well as employees of establishments that sell our products, evaluate and document results
- Initiate and coordinate professional and focused wine tasting events to ensure they add value to the company
Customer Care and Debt Collection
- Provide the necessary management information to determine correct product costing and price for the market
- Continually update and maintain customer database
- Closely monitor debt collection and ensure compliance with credit policy by all to facilitate correct cash flow projections
- Ensure all cash or cheques collected are banked same day of collection unless cheques are post dated
- Attention to details and high organizational skills
- At least two years’ experience in similar position
- Graduate in social science or diploma in marketing with at least 4 years relevant experience
- Self-motivated individual with excellent inter personal skills
- Extensive product knowledge
- Ability to analyze market data, recommend and implement necessary actions.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified CVs will be considered.
The position is open starting on 20th April 2016 and closes on 25th April 2016.
CVs will be reviewed as they are received.