Our client is a large multinational company.
They are looking for a Leaf Operations Manager.
Job Ref: OA/LOM/1
The incumbent should be young and energetic person with strong leadership skills.
S/he will be based in Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the quality and yield of the crop production, provides 24 hour agronomy expertise and service to the Stakeholders in compliance with the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Evaluates and reviews the overall Logistics requirements concerning transporters, rates, warehousing, inputs and cost saving initiatives
- Oversees the maintenance of all operational vehicles (47) and motor bikes (200), ensures that budgets are adhered to and costs are maintained through the Transport and Workshop Coordinator
- Oversees the Social Responsibility Tobacco Programme and ensures that there is full awareness and understanding of the requirements throughout Small Holder Sector in line with the company and World Practices
- Builds and maintains customer and stakeholder relationships, promotes awareness on environmental issues and prepares for self-evaluation in compliance with the company policies
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships through education and on-going communication monthly
- Oversees the human resources for Small Holder to ensure the achievement of goals and objectives in line with the company’s Standard Operation Procedure’s
- Ensures, through the Line Subordinates, the enablement, and implementation of the requisite Company Risk and Compliance policies and processes and the maintenance of good Corporate Governance;
- Prepares, implements and ensures adherence to the annual, monthly and weekly Leaf Operations plan in line with the company’s policies for Leaf Production
- Prepares, monitors and maintains the financial budget for the Leaf Operations in line with the policies for Leaf Production and for approval by the Leaf Production Director
- Assesses and monitors Primary Societies contracts regarding loan recovery payment risks
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Agronomy/Agriculture or similar
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience in operations and business management in a similar capacity. Tobacco experience would be good but not vital
- Business management, budgeting and financial control skills are Mandatory
- Must be computer literate with ability to do operations by satellite, GMS and GPS
- Ability to plan and coordinate large areas of production
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills and team management skills are essential
- Good communication both written and verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to introduce and manage change
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted