Nanyuki Sports Club is a modern private members club situated in Nanyuki town with spectacular views of Mount Kenya and other surrounding natural beauties.
The sports facility include a 9 hole golf course, a state-of-the-art health and fitness spa, tennis courts, squash courts, rugby / football pitch accommodation rooms, catering facility offering delicious wide range of meals and a well-stocked members bar.
The club was established in 1926
The club seeks to recruit a highly motivated individual for the position of General Manager
reporting to the Management Committee through the Chairman
The General Manager will act as the Secretary for the Committee and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Sports Club operations that include administration, financial management, planning, programs and special events coordination, human resource development, marketing and communication.
- Ensure Implementation of policies, strategies and procedures as established by the Committee.
- Be a Team Leader ,support and effectively supervise other club’s management personnel
- Manage all Club personnel, including in the Clubhouse, Pro Shop and on-course staff
- Oversee the care and maintenance of the Club’s physical assets
- Market, schedule accordingly and manage all competitions, events and other related functions
- Market and coordinate promotion activities of the Club
- Ensure highest quality customer service for members and all other stakeholders including guests
- Liaise with other clubs to ensure a collegial inter-club relationship
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and easily accessible records of all work in order to ensure organizational continuity.
- Maximize revenue opportunities
- Run the Club in the most professional manner and implementing the Club’s strategic plan with a focus to the Vision and Misson of making the club “The best Upcountry Club in Kenya”
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience at management level
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge with computerized management systems
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communications skills
- Strong marketing and financial management skills
- Experience managing a sports/ golf club will be a definite advantage
- Proven track record in strong managerial, leadership, promotional and human resource skills to promote the entire facility and motivate, direct and lead a customer service oriented team
Qualified and interested candidates should email their applications with all relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or send hard copies to P.O. Box 139-10400 Nanyuki.
The closing date is 12th April, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted