National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Internal Auditor
Job Ref No.HR/03/16
Division: Internal Audit Division
Reporting to: Manager, Operations Audit
Position scope: Responsible for offering an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the banks operations.
Support the Bank in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes within the Bank Operations.
- Participate in developing risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budgets and expenditure monitoring and control
- Prepare operational audit programs ensuring they include sufficient and relevant audit tests.
- Perform audit assignments with focus on policies, regulatory compliance and business process controls.
- Provide consulting services to the Bank business process improvements for efficient and lean Bank Operations
- Participate in developing risk based audit processes and aligning them to ensure a quality audit process that results in value addition to the overall Bank’s objective
- Participate in developing an Internal Audit framework that would result in effective risk management, control and sound governance processes within the Bank Operations
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested
- Prepare main Audit, Executive Summary and Board Paper reports after each audit assignment.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with Branch and Unit Managers and report significant risk control issues
- Provide an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the Bank.
- Monitor the timely implementation of the management actions recommended in the audit reports via the audit issues risk management register
Key Performance Indicators:
- Identify/report revenue leakages & cost saving
- Quality audits & processes
- Compliance to Internal and regulatory policies
- Divisional heads
- Line Managers
- Branch Managers
- Internal Audit team
- External Auditors
- CBK Inspectors/Auditors
Skills & Experience:
- Finance/ Business Related University Degree
- Professional Accountancy qualifications [CPA (K), ACCA]
- Minimum 5 years exposure in Bank operations and business processes
- Project management skills will be an added advantage
- Advanced Analytical skills and ability to use Analytical tools
- Good understanding of information systems controls and techniques for evaluating such controls, concept of risk and risk assessment.
- Adequate understanding of diverse information systems environment and architecture, software, computer operations and systems lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of CAATS/auditing software e.g. EXCEL, ACL, IDEA
- Prowess in written and verbal communication, numerical, analytical and report writing skills.
- Team player
- A good understanding & experience in Credit Operations
- Project management skills
- Membership to ICPAK, ACCA
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter clearly indicating the position title on the subject line to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by 20th April 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.