Field Manager – NGO
Overview: Our client is seeking a dynamic team of managers to help with the set-up of the country office and then to manage its operations.
The Field Manager (“FM”) will play a central role in ensuring that our client delivers a gold-standard product to donors and recipients.
The Field Manager will own the overall enrollment process, including tracking performance of field teams; achieving targets; building a culture of mentorship and professional development; and identifying opportunities for risk mitigation and process improvement.
The Field Manager will serve as the key “eyes and ears” resource on the ground for the Field Director and will be responsible for regularly synthesizing updates on operational health.
The role will reward exceptional personnel management, organizational skills, high-quality judgment on operational challenges, excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment towards building a scalable and better-leveraged field org.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new Field Officers and Associate Field Managers
- Run performance reviews for direct reports and build their capacity to do the same for Field Officers
- Over time, reduce dependence on senior management and create more leverage for the Country Director through capacity-building and delegation
Workflow management / tracking
- Create work-plans for field teams in collaboration with Associate Field Managers
- Manage Associate Field Managers and their field teams to execute against work-plans and productivity targets
- Review weekly reports to track productivity and quality of service; own course correction if metrics are slipping
- Formulate a plan for targeted monitoring / engagement while in the field
Risk management and process improvement
- Anticipate areas of risk and create mitigation plans (e.g. coordination on complex research partnerships, political instability, slow-downs from pilots, etc.)
- Assist Country Director with response to “crisis” events (e.g. refusals, government shut-down, coordinated fraud, etc.)
- Serve as the organization’s engine for continuous improvement of the enrollment process and recipient experience by identifying key opportunities and executing on various initiatives
Support for auxiliary projects
- Assist Country Director with hosting journalists, donors, and other external parties
- Assist Country Director with communicating and executing new projects / pilots / technologies (e.g. messaging Segovia to field team, brainstorming options for community-based targeting, rolling out mobile app questions, etc.)
Team-building / morale
- Monitor team dynamics and own follow-up on barometer activities
- Identify opportunities for morale-building (e.g. retreats, team events, incentive schemes, etc.)
- Previous management experience (at least 2 years)
- Deep connections in Kisumu County (both with NGOs & Government) and it’s surrounding areas
- Familiarity with team-based, community-driven organizing
- Comfortable with excel, data management, and field numerical analysis to manage many metrics at once
- Experience in communicating complex technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Comfortable traveling around 30% of time to the field
- Ability to delegate successfully and create systems to organize oneself and others
- Ability to help maintain a culture of excellence and cohesiveness amongst a team
- Sense of humor
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili, and Dholuo
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
How to Apply