Position: Founding High School Teacher – Biology
Location: Kikuyu, Kenya
Who we are?
Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
Using the 8-4-4 curriculum combined with the best international training, we deliver a truly world-class educational experience with exciting opportunities to learn and grow both inside and outside of the classroom.
Nova students learn to think critically, solve problems creatively, and develop solutions using technology and engineering skills.
At Nova, our students learn through embracing and eventually overcoming challenges with the help of their peers, their teachers, and developing their unique abilities.
Nova Academies is looking for a superstar Biology Teacher who will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students.
You will have a particular focus on helping your students investigate the fascinating and intricate systems that make life possible. You will do this through using rigorous real world projects and online learning.
This is an opportunity to create a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Your role will be based at our Nova Ondiri Campus, Kikuyu Township, Kiambu County
Reports To: Principal
Living the Nova Culture
- Fully embrace Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community.
- Live the culture principles inside and outside of the classroom.
- Work cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
- Attend daily team, weekly staff and other meetings that arise throughout the school year.
Instructional Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement unit and lesson plans backwards mapped to standards and employ a variety of effective teaching strategies to meet the learning styles and interests of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students, and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons and so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Implement school-wide student management policies within classrooms and on campus.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior.
Send your applications to http://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/lkK5rl/Biology-Teacher-Nova-Academies
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.