Monitoring and Evaluation Intern, Kenya
Kenya Nationals only
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non – governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will ensure the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems and procedures in the NRC Horn of Africa Mission through technical support and analysis.
The Advocacy and Protection Officer reports to the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners / employees have not been involved in illegal activities.
- Data collection/verification, reporting on indicators and response info (Biweekly, GORS)
- Data analysis and reports/info-graphs generation
- Basic data storage and retrieval (shared drive & online storage)
- Best practises in terms of information management and data manipulation
- Coordination and Team interaction, on-site and remote
- University degree preferably in information technology, management information systems, information management, web development, database, GIS or any other relevant discipline.
- Experience in Data Management (analysis, graphical presentation and reporting)
- Experience working with statistical soft-wares (SPSS, Excel, DHIS2)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite especially Adobe Illustrator
- Engineering sciences & technology
- Computing / IT
- Academy college / University
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
- Basic understanding of various donors’ requirements
- Experience in designing and participating in development projects
- Experience working with statistical and graphical software packages
- Project design and management understanding
- Goal oriented and committed with ability to work under pressure within a dynamic Team, both on-site and remotely.
Duty station: Nairobi
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
Deadline for application: 19/04/2016