Role Summary: Under the supervision of the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will become our clients and donor database expert; will develop creative Salesforce solutions to improve client and donor identification, donation and client tracking, and fulfillment processes; and be a key team member of our marketing and tourism team.
- Become the organization’s resident Saleforce database expert and the primary administrator for our Salesforce donor and client database
- Responsible for all data entry (GateApp entry, donor information, new member information, contact/account records, membership letters, and so on), creation of weekly and ad hoc campaigns and reports in Salesforce, and the production and distribution of donor e-communications (newsletters, thank you letters, new member letters, adoption updates, e-vites, and announcements) via Campaign Monitor.
- Seek continuous improvement of all aspects of donor / client database functionality to support and enhance fundraising and membership strategies. This includes design and implementation, conversion procedures and staff training creation of standardized reports
- Complete timely and accurate membership entry, acknowledgments and fulfillment.
- Administer receipt of cash, checks, credit cards and securities.
- Participate in month and fiscal year end reconciliation processes, working with the Finance Department.
- Provide database support to all staff.
- Maintain database integrity and security.
- Manage database development to include upgrades and patches.
- Document database processes and create procedure manuals for staff.
- Process and enter data related to various online fundraising campaigns.
- Generate daily, monthly and annual reports as well as special reports when requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Previous database management experience. Salesforce expert.
- Strong computer background, including database development & maintenance, and aptitude and interest in new computer trends and developments.
- Good judgment, initiative, problem solving, attention to detail, and ability to communicate with variety of staff, board members and donors.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to design and present training and develop procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete projects, manage multiple priorities and pay attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and create high quality results.
- Business Administration degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years’ database experience
- Salesforce Database proficiency a must
- Possess excellent customer service and handling skills
- Prior experience in database management and/or CRM systems and platforms, including database reporting, use of campaigns, and HTML formatting
- Knowledge of business letter writing and donor letter writing
- Working knowledge of MS Office including; Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must be committed to abide by a strict code of confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Our contacts are:
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
P.O. Box Private Bag,
Or send an email to email@example.com with the mail subject as DONOR/CLIENT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR.
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.
All potential candidates are encouraged to apply.