Sales Executive – Paper and Stationery Industry Only
Must have experience in paper or stationery sales
Sales executives promote products and services to customers and negotiate contracts with the aim of maximising sales profits.
Salaries are often enhanced by a good benefits package including commission-based earnings, bonuses, lunch allowances, health insurance and a company car.
Sales executives are the key point of contact between an organisation and its clients: answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products.
Their work includes:
- organising sales visits
- demonstrating/presenting products
- establishing new business
- maintaining accurate records
- attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- reviewing sales performance
- negotiating contracts
Promotional prospects are excellent – progression can be into senior sales roles or into related employment areas such as marketing or management.
Typical employers of sales executives
- Service industries
- Industrial organisations
Staff with specialist knowledge are employed by pharmaceutical/healthcare organisations and the publishing industry.
Qualifications and training required
- Any degree subject is acceptable.
- Relevant experience gained in any commercial area involving contact with customers or the general public can be beneficial.
Key skills for sales executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills
- Numerical skills
A full driving license is normally essential for all jobs.
Being able to speak more than one language fluently is also a useful skill.
Submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org in word format by 7 April 2016.