PowerGen Renewable Energy
Position: Finance & Accounting Manager
Location: Arusha, Tanzania or Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Immediate
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region.
PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
You will manage the aspects of the business that involve money across multiple country entities and offices.
If you want to be in a core, integral role at the heart of a fast-growing renewable energy organization in East Africa, this job is for you.
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial close of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow within NetSuite and across multiple country entities and offices, to GAAP/IFRS standards
- Systems and processes for: interfacing with other teams within NetSuite on inventory and equipment purchased/used; tagging of expenses within NetSuite for projects, grants, business unit, etc; proper invoicing, expense and receipt systems; bank reconciliations; fixed asset capitalization; project time and cost tracking
- Internal budgeting and forecasting across teams and countries
- Implementation of transfer pricing policy and intercompany processes
- Tax compliance across corporate income, VAT, payroll and withholding taxes
- Grant and investor reporting to support capital raising
- Oversight of cash books and cash requests
- Liaising with and integrating Inventory tracking systems and processes with financial management and reporting
- Development and professional growth in the personnel you manage and lead
What Excites You:
- Building the backbone to a dynamic, rapidly growing organization
- Working closely with and managing a Finance & Accounts team across multiple countries and offices
- Building processes within a brand new, cutting edge and leading SaaS ERP system
- Working with other teams within an organization to drive growth and operational excellence
- Attention to detail and managing multiple and varied work streams at a time
- A fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm
You Already Have:
- 5+ years work experience in corporate finance and accounting
- Masters in Finance, MBA, or comparable professional experience strongly preferred
- Work experience in Tanzania and Kenya
- Knowledge of Tanzania and Kenya tax code
- Experience and proven ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to build financial forecasts and develop and execute operational plans
- Advanced proficiency in ERP systems (NetSuite preferred), Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Experience in the energy, clean tech or utility sectors
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
Benefits and Compensation
A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events.
And you’ll be working with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
Please send resume, cover letter stating the title of the job on the subject line, and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com.