JKFT is a Public Charitable Trust whose mandate is to Empower Communities for transformed lives.
Vision: A Champion for Empowering Communities
The JKTF has two vacancies for the Program Officer role to fill. One for an Entrepreneurship program officer and the other one for an Environmental Conversation officer.
- Provide day to day coordination, supervision and guidance for project implementation, while ensuring that the project is executed according to the approved work plan, budgets and expenses and is in accordance with both donor requirements as well as JKTF programming principles and core values.
- Conduct due-diligence assessments for prospective partners, review project proposals with Project Partner /Grantees and revise the proposals as required and ensure adherence to the grant making processes/procedures as well as compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor.
- Work with the selected Project Partners to ensure budgets are in line with program activities and that costs are reasonable, allowable and allocable
- Conduct monthly/quarterly field level project evaluations (e.g. baselines, mid-term and final evaluations) and monitoring of the project and provide timely feedback and support to project partners to ensure successful delivery of the project targets and results
- Develop memos and other guidance documents and act as the primary point of contact and resource for Project Partners on all project and financial compliance-related issues.
- Prepare grant agreements, grant budgets, ensuring necessary clauses are added, and review all grant documents (programmatic and financial) for completeness. This will include grant and contract agreements, modification documents among others.
- Facilitate the processing of disbursements of project funds and payments to Partners while ensuring that partners track expenses against approved budget.
- Identify partner’s capacity building needs and provide technical assistance by organizing workshops and grant management meetings for partners.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project partner on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards and donor requirements.
- Prepare and Compile periodic quality project narrative and financial reports, both for submission to the management, project donors, and other stakeholders and for use in Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation purposes.
- Ensure the timely and proper sustainability and close out of grants. This will involve preparing relevant close out and sustainability documents for approval and ensuring that all requirements of the grant have been met.
- Prepare a calendar of activity dates/key milestones per project partner and document the best practices implemented, success stories and case studies of the community level changes for dissemination and learning
- Mobilize sufficient resource for the program through proposal writing and other modes of resource mobilization.
- Coordinate with relevant local government ministries, private businesses and other organizations working in the sector to build partnerships and synergies for the success of the program
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. Candidates applying for the Entrepreneurship program must have trained in Entrepreneurship Field, while those interested in the Environmental conservation program must have attained relevant training in the Environment conservation field a relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of related experience in grants management, fundraising, sub-contracts and compliance with donor requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience in report writing
- Successful experience in proposal writing and grant management
- Good research and analytical skills
- Ready to travel to different parts of the country/ flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment
- High level of personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to develop amendments and modifications resulting from negotiations
Applicants to indicate the Job title on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.