Position: General Manager
Reporting to: Group Managing Director
Background: Our client is a leading publishing and marketing company based in Nairobi producing vibrant, top-end publications that provide information and interesting read on Travel, Accommodation, Restaurants, Entertainment, Shopping and Lifestyle for the East African region.
Job Summary: This position will manage and handle all aspects of day-to-day running of the company with regard to Production, Administration, Human Resource, Accounts, Sales & Marketing.
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of all business operations and all departments.
- Ensure process integration across all departments to achieve organizational synergy.
- Oversee the preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly plans for both core and support functions of the company.
- Effectively manage the sales team to ensure achievement of set sales targets; monitor and write progress reports.
- Provide quality control during production to ensure high quality of outputs going to print.
- Ensure print quality meets the highest standards.
- Ensure timely production of the company’s magazine brands to meet print and media deadlines.
- Be conscientious and knowledgeable in all company operations including magazine production cycles.
- Provide a mentorship and leadership role for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related area.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in print media, especially magazine publishing. Experience in managing publications will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years experience in marketing.
- Must have previous experience in a media house.
- Purpose-driven and results-oriented individual with excellent knowledge of publishing, online marketing, advertising and printing.
- Must be time conscious to meet print and media deadlines and achieve sales targets.
- Must have knowledge of Design, Print and Online Publishing and Marketing and proficient and excellent at Managing a team of Sales Executives, Designers, Editors, Writers, Photographers, Photo Journalist and Social Media.
- Must be knowledgeable in accounting and finance.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “job title” as the subject heading.
DO NOT attach copies of certificates/testimonials.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Kindly follow these instructions to avoid disqualification of your application.
The deadline for submission of applications is Monday 11th April 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.