Summary: Our client is the world’s leading REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation), project development and management company with an effective approach to applying innovative market based solutions to the conservation of biodiversity.
The company helps local landowners in the developing world monetize their forest and biodiversity assets whether they are governments, communities, ownership groups, or private individuals.
- Review, develop and implement HR processes, policies and procedures across all departments of the company.
- Lead, direct and manage the HR department and its staff.
- Lead the standardization of the HR processes, practices and systems across all departments.
- Ensure that all employment practices, compensation, employee benefits, and human resources activities are within established standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies of the company and in line with the National labour laws to ensure a climate of equal opportunity.
- Formulate plans to meet the company’s manpower requirements and ensure proper utilization of existing human resources within the organization and expanding projects.
- Review and maintain appropriate staffing levels of the company in liaison with departmental heads from time to time.
- Coordinate the entire recruitment and selection activities and ensure that new employees are properly oriented.
- Create, update and maintain job descriptions and Job specifications are signed by each employee and filed for all positions in the company.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with HR policies and procedures manual.
- Develop and implement a job evaluation and grading programme.
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy of information on the information system and ensuring that the systems is updated, maintained and used to its maximum effectiveness.
- Liaise with finance department to ensure accurate payroll information and staff benefits are provided before or on the 20th of every month.
- Provide support and guidance on the delivery of effective employee relations and development practices.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the management
- A minimum of five (5) years HR and administration experience.
- Experience and well versed with Kenya Laws & Regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management/relevant discipline with post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management will be an added advantage.
- HR Professional Certification e.g. IHRM or KIM membership in good standing.
- Has the desire and ability to live in a rural area of Kenya.
- Managerial experience and capabilities.
- Has integrity and strength to push back to maintain “correct” HR processes.
- Drives change in deployment of HR Transformation.
- Proactively manages own time, performance and learning.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistently high energy levels.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at different levels.
- Good Communication skills in Swahili and English.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Human Resources Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only