Route to Market Manager
Position Objective: The candidates will be responsible for field sales team route coverage, range selling and achievement of targets.
The Successful candidate will be based in Mombasa.
Key Outputs include:
- Lead and manage all route to market activities for the client aligned to the marketing campaigns and sales initiatives
- Develop specific channel strategies & initiatives
- Ensure that Company products are well merchandised and visible
- Ensure Point of Material is adequate and strategically placed
- Ensure adequate numerical distribution as per the agreed metrics
- Co-develop joint business plans with the Sales Manager, Key Accounts Manager for the Key Supermarket chains and Commercials
- Be a key point of contact both to sales, marketing and operations to ensure an end to end customer experience is maintained in the trade for both Mass market & Premium Mass Market & Premium brands
- Ensure mega dealers and key agents provide the required after sales service to our subscribers and adhere to the laid out customer retention and experience standards
- Ensure the sales team is well averse or briefed of marketing campaigns and ensure implementation of the same in the trade
- Utilize market insights to identify market opportunities for Mass Market & Premium brands and highlight those that support profitable and sustainable growth
- Leverage allocated budget to implement regional initiatives & activities as per the business plan and maintain an ROI for the same
- Review sales performance, profitability by brand and bouquet analysis weekly and monthly and co-develop action plans to realize target achievement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Commerce Degree in Commerce or a business related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience of working in the marketing and commercial environment of which two (2) MUST be within a trade marketing role
- Work experience in the FMCG or manufacturing firm
- A professional qualification from CIM will be an added advantage
- Highly results and performance oriented.
- Excellent team player with good Leadership/mentoring/management skills.
- Developing external partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Excellent Negotiation/Influencing and Presentation skills.
- Professional maturity and Integrity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle stress / work under pressure.
- Initiative / innovation
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th April 2016.