Peak East Africa Ltd
Job Title: Sales Consultant
Reporting To: Purchasing & Reservations Manager
Position Purpose: This role will be responsible for the end-to-end selling, consultation, quoting / pricing and booking of tailor-made group and FIT trips.
This will include product development, quotations, itinerary building and customer service, based on the PEAK DMC minimum standards, company philosophies and operational systems.
By providing customised product that leverages market trends and fulfils our clients’ business needs, both proactively and on request, PEAK DMC will become a market leader in private group and FIT sales growth.
The role is “deep” in that the incumbent needs to be the primary contact point for private group and FIT clients, but have a good understanding of new and existing product and itineraries.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong East Africa destination/regional and local travel knowledge
- Significant travel industry experience, ideally with some adventure travel as well as mainstream experience
- Previous sales experience as a Sales or Travel Consultant essential
- Previous exposure to both group and individual travel across a broad range of styles and budgets
- Experience in travel product development
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Fluent English language skills (written and verbal), other European languages are highly regarded
Other Skills and Attributes
- Strong alignment with PEAK Values and culture
- Ability to adapt to and work across multiple cultures
- Strong international communication skills via phone and email
- Highly Customer / client focused
- Strong influencing skills
- Market knowledge and experience across the travel market locally
- Self-driven and able to work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work with local operations, sales and purchasing teams
- Deliver sales results through exceptional customer service, accurate and competitive pricing, fast turnaround times and in-depth product knowledge.
- Deliver value to the business by balancing sales growth with margin control,
- Follow the sales team business plan.
- Commit to the ‘One Best Way’ sales process.
- Set sales goals and meet deadlines on a daily basis while working to achieve and exceed these goals.
- Be part of a successful environment by supporting colleagues and working closely with all departments.
- Have a great attitude, behave responsibly and deliver on sales performance targets.
- Complete monthly sales skills training program led by your manager
- Participate in product knowledge training monthly supported by operations and purchasing team.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of the features and benefits of all core products.
- Make confident recommendations to customers, providing them with the product/s that suits and fulfils their needs.
- Identify product gaps of the business and arrange for Purchasing and operations to assist in filling gaps
If you meet the above qualifications kindly forward your CV ONLY to Kenya@peakdmc.com by 27/04/2016