Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Company: Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty.
The Samasource Developer Team Lead will be responsible in supervising and coordinating the work efforts of the Samasource contact center team by leading, motivating and coaching.
- Responsible for the management, organization and co-ordination of the day to day work of a team of contact center staff within Samasource Centre to deliver the highest standards of services to clients.
- Ensure that the allocated work is properly distributed to all the team members and is executed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the department’s productivity is maximized to the required standards and the pre-defined KPI’s, performance targets and standards are achieved in accordance with the business plan.
- Monitor and report progress on performance, provide feedback and take appropriate corrective action. Ensure that personal targets and deadlines are met.
- Provide support and assistance for team members to assist in the development of their skills and knowledge and identifying campaign training requirements.
- Provide regular coaching and training on new and existing products and changes to any processes.
- Conduct regular quality assessments and coaching; offering constructive feedback, which will include QA feedback sessions and continuously developing quality.
- Prepare daily individual performance activity reports, incident logs and shift planners to ensure that the statistics are well interpreted to meet the required business standards.
- Provide the team with appropriate communication and gain their feedback through regular team meetings.
- To motivate the team to provide a first class service to all our clients whilst ensuring business targets are met.
- Work closely with the other Team Leaders to ensure that queries across all areas of the business are handled.
- Recognize & celebrate team & individual accomplishments & exceptional performance
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties as may be requested, from time to time, by immediate Manager
- The Team Leader shall keep the Operations Manager/Management informed of schedules, priorities, accomplishments & ongoing issues, participate in achieving resolutions to identified issues.
- Drive the Samasource culture and values within the team.
- Promote team work, optimize and maximize personal and team potential and encourage staff development.
- A degree or advanced diploma in IT and related fields.
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- IT literacy in Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of English and Swahili
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and Swahili
- Great attention to detail and feedback skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Fast learner and able to break down complex information into simple concepts.
- Reporting and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent team player and captain
- Two years of work experience in a web development environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Team Leader position.