We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager – Farm Star Services will oversee the Farmstar Services team at Sanergy so as to deliver high quality organic fertilizer, at optimum cost and to the volumes needed to meet demand.
Role & Responsibilities
- Conduct production planning to maximize resource utilization
- Lead process redesign initiatives to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and enhance the safety of the process
- Lead supply-demand matching initiatives by putting in place sales & operational planning structures to serve the demands of the sales team
- Participate and contribute to long-term strategic development of the Sanergy organic fertilizer business
- Develop an organizational structure and processes for technical and production staff that evolves with company evolution and growth
- Coordinate necessary resources and staffing to meet production targets
- Supervise and coach production crew to adhere to the critical control points for the organic fertilizer production process, so as to safely generate a consistently high quality product
- Manage budgets for the Farmstar Services team to achieve minimal variances to budget
- Understand, design, and drive new technologies to improve the productivity and efficiencies of the organic fertilizer plant
- Collaborate with the Farm Star sales team on developing a product road map and establishing clear specifications for future product based on customer feedback and requirements
- Participate in ongoing product, process, and technology development
- Manage the organic fertilizer production and processing site, collaborating between internal and external contacts and stakeholders
- Sustain operations at the processing facility to maximize resource utilization and generate a consistently high quality product.
- Lead cost reduction projects to achieve the cost targets set by the organization
- Lead quality improvement projects to ensure that the product produced is consistent and adheres to the customer specification. Institute critical control points.
- Lead safety, health and environment improvement initiatives at the processing facility
- Degree in Mechanical, Industial, Process or Chemical Engineering, a masters degree in a business related field will be an added advantage
- Deep knowledge and experience in process optimization
- Good understanding of process mapping
- Experience in continuous improvement
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge of Lean/ Six Sigma or TPM, desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading large teams of over10 people
- Demonstrable experience in leading cost reduction, quality improvement and productivity improvement projects
- Demonstrable capacity for self organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high level of integrity and a team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application deadline: 26th April, 2016