About us: For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries.
Save the Children Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office is looking to recruit for the following position:
Job Title: Finance Intern
The East & Southern Africa Regional office currently hosts slightly over 100 personnel. This role focuses on Financial Management for the ESARO regional office.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability:
1) Assist the Regional Finance Officer in ensuring the Regional Office Finances are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with preparation of vouchers for claims and expenses
- Maintain physical financial files and records.
- Maintain a schedule of utility payments and ensure they are paid on time
- Process supplier invoices and maintain an analysis of past payments. Assist in the maintenance of a simplified procurement tracker
- Conduct assessment of the various service providers to ensure cost benefit advantage is maintained
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- Accountant in training who wishes to gain some practical experience
- Recently completed or studying for a Degree in finance, accountancy or Professional Accounting qualification such as CPA/ACCA.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word
- Some experience with computerised accounting packages will be desirable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter to EA.email@example.com
Application closes 11th May 2016 at 5:00pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself.