About us: For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries.
are the world’s largest independent child rights organization,
underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the
right to survival, protection, development and participation.
mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children,
and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
the Children is an organization for talented people with different
backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are
representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our
dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration,
Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values,
along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol,
ensuring that all representatives of
Save the Children Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office is looking to recruit for the following position:
The East & Southern Africa Regional office currently hosts slightly over 100 personnel. This role focuses on procurement support for the ESARO regional office.
Key Areas of Development:
- Supports the Procurement Officer and SCI Departments with the development and implementation of Procurement Plans.
- With delegation from the Procurement Officer, receives fully signed Procurement Requests and completes Procurement Requests for General Admin items and services; Registers the PR in the Log Tracker.
- Prepares the Competitive Bid Analysis and coordinates meeting of the Procurement Committee inorder to review the quotations and select vendor.
- Enters Purchase Orders in the Logistics Register.
- Prepares the Logs KPI Reports and submits to the Procurement Officer on the 2nd day of the following month.
- Supports the Procurement Officer and HR/Admin Assistant in following up on outstanding invoices and credits.
- Prepares a schedule of all office contracts and monitors the expiry date to ensure that any procurement needs are addressed on time. This should be brought to the attention of the Procurement Officer three months before the end date.
- Administers the Vehicle and Generator usage schedules and provides feedback to the Procurement officer.
- Using Flight detail schedules shared by the Travel Agent, prepares schedule of staff and visitors movements for purposes of identifying who is in Nairobi or Kenya on a weekly basis and shares with the SSFP
- Weekly reviews and updates the Security Tree
- Updates the SMS Security platform for ESARO by adding new members and deleting outgoing members.
- Maintains tracking schedules of Invoice Authorisations received in the Finance Department from the Procurement Unit for payment and attaches the tracking schedule to Bank Payment Vouchers.
- Reviews Procurement Checklist inorder to ensure that they are accurately completed, liaising with the Procurement departments for proper completion and follow-up of required support documents.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- Degree in Bachelors of Commerce or Business Administration or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging workload
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter to EA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes 11th May 2016 at 5:00pm.
work with children, communities and governments all over the world and
we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come
from and how you identify yourself.
children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to
ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are
considered for these posts.
will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto
our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.